What is Border Control?

9 Warning Signs That Mean You Need A Workers’ Compensation Lawyer

Posted by on 9:03 am in Uncategorized | Comments Off

When you are injured in the workplace, your employer likely has workers’ compensation insurance which will cover your medical expenses and a portion of your lost wages. In order to ensure that you get properly compensated by workers’ comp, you must must do your part by informing your supervisor about your injury right away and seeking medical attention immediately. Once these two tasks have been taken care of, however, you may become concerned about the manner in which your workers’ compensation case if being handled. You...

read more

Fireworks And Personal Injury | What Every Independence Day Celebrator Should Know

Posted by on 10:17 pm in Uncategorized | Comments Off

Every fourth of July, people gather in flocks to spend their money on sparkling, whistling, and colorful fireworks that will show off their pride of being a US citizen. Cities across the country host annual fireworks displays for residents and surrounding county residents. If you celebrate Independence Day like most Americans, there is little doubt that you will be dealing with fireworks or in their presence at some point. Even though these amazing creations can be a lot of fun, and even amazing to watch, there are a few things that you...

read more

Who Pays The Settlement Money In A Car Accident Lawsuit?

Posted by on 7:11 am in Uncategorized | Comments Off

If you were involved in a car accident and were left with injuries to your body and damages to your car, you have the right to go after the responsible party to collect money for these things. If you do this and win, you may be awarded a large settlement to compensate you for your damages. When this happens, you may wonder who will pay you the money you are entitled to, and the answer will depend on the situation. The Other Party’s Insurance Company In normal car accident cases, the person responsible for the accident will be...

read more

If Your Neighbor Is A Combat Veteran, Could Your Fourth Of July Fireworks Land You In Court?

Posted by on 9:19 am in Uncategorized | Comments Off

If you let off some firecrackers or other fireworks this 4th of July, could you get sued for aggravating someone’s post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)? Maybe. Here’s what you should know. It’s An Independence Day Irony For Some Veterans Every Independence Day, backyard revelers celebrate the 4th of July with fireworks. In a cruel irony, some of our nation’s veterans – for whom the holiday holds special significance – dread the date every year. They’re among a growing cadre of combat veterans who...

read more

Defendants’ Rights To A Speedy Trial: How A Delay Could Work In Your Favor

Posted by on 3:42 am in Uncategorized | Comments Off

If you have been charged with a crime, you have the right to a speedy trial under the Sixth Amendment in the Constitution. Some states also have their own statutes regarding defendants’ right to speedy trials. The Constitution does not set a specific amount of time to define speedy, but many state statutes and jurisdictions have specific time frames. For example, many jurisdictions allow the prosecution a time frame of 60–120 days to bring a defendant in custody to trial. Defendants are able to waive their right to a speedy trial,...

read more

Helpful Steps To Take When Trying To Become A US Citizen

Posted by on 3:01 pm in Uncategorized | 0 comments

One of the best places to live today is in the United States. If you are a foreigner and are trying to gain US citizenship, you can take these steps: Know the Requirements Before doing anything, it’s a good idea to know what the requirements are for becoming a US citizen. That way, you know what to expect in advance. In order to become a US citizen, you must be admitted into the US as a lawful permanent resident. There are some exceptions to this rule, however, such as serving in the US armed forces.  You have to maintain your...

read more

3 Reasons Why It’s Important To Hire A Lawyer After Being Hit On Your Motorcycle

Posted by on 4:33 am in Uncategorized | 0 comments

If you have recently been hit while you were riding your motorcycle, you might be dealing with a lot of pain and suffering related to the incident. You might be ready to move on as soon as possible, and you might not be interested in hiring a motorcycle accident attorney and dragging the situation out any longer than necessary. However, it is important to hire a lawyer to help you after one of these accidents for a few reasons. These are some of the main reasons why you should not skip hiring a lawyer. 1. Get Help With Expenses Recuperating...

read more

Want Out Of Your Marriage? 4 Reasons Why An Annulment May Be Right For You

Posted by on 11:33 am in Uncategorized | 0 comments

Divorce can get you out of a bad marriage. However, there are some circumstances where divorce isn’t the only option available for ending a marriage. If you want out of your marriage, you might want to discuss an annulment with an attorney. Annulment is the process of ending a marriage without going through a divorce. Once your marriage is annulled, it is as if the marriage never took place. There are specific requirements for obtaining an annulment. Take a look at a few of the requirements. If any of the requirements relate to you, be...

read more

Four Exceptions You Need To Know About The Statute Of Limitations

Posted by on 9:28 am in Uncategorized | 0 comments

Most people understand what the term statute of limitations means.  Simply put, you must file a claim within a certain period of time, or you will lose the ability to file at all. The time for filing claims varies from 1 year in Louisiana, Kentucky and Tennessee, to 6 years in Maine.  Most states (24 at this writing) give you two years to file. However, you may not know the four exceptions to the statute of limitations: The Discovery of Harm rule (also referred to as the Rule of Discovery), allows the time for filing the claim to...

read more

4 Keys To Understanding Legal Separation

Posted by on 12:26 pm in Uncategorized | 0 comments

While most people understand divorce and the ramifications associated with it, there are many who don’t fully comprehend legal separation, or how it’s different from divorce. In fact, most people probably aren’t aware that being ‘separated’ and being ‘legally separated’ are two very different things.  The following article is a brief description of separation in the eyes of the law, and what exactly different stages of the process entail for separating partners. Separation While you and your...

read more